Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Random-ness

Ok. Totally random post coming up... cos I is 心情不好. So many things on my mind. So I guess... some pics would cheer my post up. (And inevitably make me feel better too?)

Ok the good stuff first.

1) My impt meeting yesterday went unbelievably well. And I've just remembered how much I love my big big big boss. He is my 偶像. Like, totally lor! Super zai. He is so nurturing when it comes to us... but can also be as hard as nails when dealing with external parties in order to prove our point.

2) Hong Kong in June 07. Went with family. And had... quite a lot of fun la. Despite being annoyed by my sister sometimes. The youngest is usually the most idiotic la. Oh whoops, forgot abt my other bro, but he didn't come.. so not counted I guess.


Ok so... first few, a few pics of siblings and me... on the plane. Quite cute la tt the 4 of us sat together. (There is one missing btw..)

Then this one, of me and my happening bro. At Lan Kwai Fong - the happening plc :) Other bro just got captured in the backgrd. (and he tells me he didn't purposely put himself in the pic one! -_- Looks damn cock lor)








And then...2 rather random pics of interesting things I saw. The first, of this alleyway... which was damn deep and had shops leading all the way in! I am very very fascinated with the HK-ers use of space. They are just absolutely amazing. Anywhere also can pop up space for shops one.


And this ancient sedan thing which was sitting in the lobby of my hotel. Couldn't resist taking a pic of the traditional looking thing.


3) More b'day celebrations. Rem 2 posts ago I mentioned meeting Steven and YJ for bday celebrations? It was really nice. Had cake and all. These 2 兄弟 so sweet. Love you all deep deep sia! :p



Then now... the not so good stuff.

4) Rather 灰心 abt my guitar lesson today. Cos... very slow at picking up new stuff. Need lots of time to practice and understand before I can actually play. So was struggling terribly to catch up. And it really felt like shit. I know.. it's prob like a v temp kind of set back...cos pple learn at different paces. But still. Ms impatient wishes she could play and sing.. like all those talented singers today.

Was reflecting on this halfway thru the lesson... about how learning guitar is like being in a relationship. When u first start, and things are easy.. all is fine and dandy. U are very motivated... things seem to be going well. Then as u learn, and perhaps interest begins to wane.. then maybe u practice less, spend less time on it... struggle abit with the difficulties. And feel like shit.

But then... when u think abt why u started to learn abt it in the first plc, u discover the love all over again. And u feel motivated to want to play better (or, become a 'better person' still) even though the going may be tough. In order to reach the ultimate goal of being able to play properly. But then... there are always new songs to learn, new things to master... new ways of playing old songs...

That's the way it is in a relationship isn't it? Endless discovery... growth. It's when things stagnate and indifference sets in... that marks the end of that love story.

5) And last thoughts of the day - Risk management. How much is too much to risk for the sake of potential happiness vs protecting yourself and ensuring an avenue for recovery when all is lost?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I go meditate in a mountain for a few months and u so happening sia! Guitar lah, birthday lah!

Oh, Happy Birthday (belated) BTW... : )

The BIG BIG BIG BOSS...refers to the Big sized one right? the one Viola adores...Yah, he can be tuff...

On Dogs: Dogs are good! period...

aunty_yip said...

Eh! Meditate in what mountain sia?? How come I dunno? And hor, dun fren u already la. Everytime ask u for lunch u dunch care me one. Chao mata!!

Thanks for the bday wishes.. haha... yes it's been a happening month. So super bz. Guess the biggest thing was more London than anything. Heh. But pics for tt will be up later.

Yes Big3 boss refers to the huge one. The Sharek look a like. Haha. I can understand why he is adored by many :)

Aiya. enuff on the discussion abt dogs.. I've already made my pt why I don't think I'd get one. Heh.