It's already Oct!! Where the hell did Sept go??
Haha. It went to my b'day celebrations and most preciously, to London of course.Ok, will have lotsa pics, incl the London ones...so I guess we'll start off with the little b'day celebrations first.
Shane organised a 'surprise' party for me at settlers cafe...quite a few pple (some of whom I really haven't seen in a while) turned up. Which was nice. Celebrations began much earlier too. The crowd was... rather different compared to last year. Heh.
So here's a pic with my dear... who... gan cheonged and all to get everybody to come... and tho the surprise wasn't entirely v surprising (but not ur fault, can't be helped tt i smart! ;p), I appreciate the effort you put in.
Then... a group pic of almost everybody who turned up (except the old man and Pam who couldn't stay..)
And finally, some of the action tt went on. Can't rem what this game was called but pple had to reach for the bell and hit it...so.. the 2 girls whom u can see in the pic. Were quite gd :)
And then, Jo's farewell combined with both our b'day celebrations.
Now that Jo's in Japan... we won't have the chance to meet as the 4 of us for a while.... :( But I am glad for these 3 friends. They really make my life brighter.. and I'm quite sure we won't be apart for v long! :)
Ok..then on to some musings I had this afternoon. On DOGs.
Dogs. Was just thinking abt the owning of dogs. Like how I prefer big dogs... e.g... goldies, labradors, huskies(!!). Cos usually the smaller ones are just too yappy. And annoying.
But anyways, those who know me will know tt I'm not particularly fond of animals. Any kind. But maybe dogs will be ok. Then again, whenever I think of owning a dog, issues of how/who to take care of it come into play. They're just like kids. Only....not your own flesh and blood. Not human. Even more unable to take care of itself... even when grown up. A huge huge huge responsibility. And I guess my current priority lies in having my own kids... the ultimate outcome/product of the love between my husband and me. Not sure whether I'd be able to have enough love...for an extra 'doggy kid'.
Ok, enuff abt how it affects me personally. I sometimes think the owning of dogs is quite an ang moh/yuppiefied thing. It also speaks of affluence. Like...being able to maintain a well bred dog does not ome cheap. With this affluence comes status also. Like..you have a house tts big enuff for a dog to run ard (i.e. usually private property).
Hmm. So I guess the point of it all would be that.... although I guess it wouldn't be such a bad thing to have a dog.... it wouldn't really be cos of my love for dogs? It's not like a passion or sthg. And what would probably make me change my mind are more like issues of social status as mentioned abv...tt come while being seen owning a dog...which would not really be a gd reason for owning one anyway? Hmm. I am so not an animal lover.


2 comments:
the only small dog i would own is a beagle cos they're soooo loveable but not koonyang! i want dogggeeee!!!
-shane
orh.
Post a Comment