The weekend was quite ok....lotsa things happened (as usual)....me in my attempt to commit Hara Kiri has taken on too many things this sem.
Guess I haven't really done much work, and haven't been doing my readings while focusing too much on Poetry in the flesh and on Francis. That's really bad....and really taxing on me. I juz can't wait for next weekend to come and it'll all be over. Meanwhile....juz haf another week to tahan....*stressed again*
But mass today was really good...maybe cos i took a nap juz before mass and had a relatively quiet afternoon after leaving J8 where i had lunch wif Jac, Mel C, Jolene, Ben, Mel Olsen, Bern and Desmond. We had Sakae sushi! shiok! We attempted to attract attention through singing the songs from Francis....and tt really lifted my spirits! Altho had to wake up rather early I felt refreshed somehow today...I think God was trying to prep me up for the xiong week that is to come!
So anyway...back onto mass....and today's sermon was abt how we shld be compassionate as God is compassionate with us. It was basically a thing about love and how we really shld make an attempt to love those ard us..esp our enemies...or those pple we don't really like. It really touched me...cos i realised how bitchy and harsh I've become just over the course of these 2 mths again. I know I kinda went thru this last year...and I attempted to strike a bal between overdoing it and juz making sure things were running efficiently. I juz haven't been able to find tt balance. Being judgemental and irrational over the silliest of things... :/
It's most difficult being someone who is forever loving, always turning the other cheek and not getting angry or impatient over stuff. Maybe cos i'm someone who gets worried easily. Beneath tt supposedly 'cool' or bochup exterior....it's really a bundle of nerves. Think I need to take time away...spend it alone, or with my parents. Perhaps I've become more self-centred because now wat's most impt in my life is me and what i need to do, what i have to do. Yeah. I felt a need to start praying again...go to church more often...and to focus on Christ. Dun exactly feel v Christ centred now cos maybe there are juz too many things i'm involved in, that tax me way too much..and so wats the pt of doing His work, when He is not in my heart? But I'm thankful that I'm reminded once again of His love for me.
Hrm...on a lighter note.... someone (whom I don't know v well) asked me out on a date! Although it wasn't like a one to one date, but it had special significance! Now I can finally die with no regrets!!!! Heh.
Monday, February 23, 2004
Posted by aunty_yip at 12:01 am


No comments:
Post a Comment