Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Night of New Experiences

A great night out with Marie...

1) First time trying the Turkish restaurant, Sofra at Beach Road Shaw building. Was not bad for Turkish food.. which I'm not a big fan of. Might actually be tempted to go back and try other stuff there!

2) Went to Bar Stories (again for the 3rd time in 3 wks. Hah!) But this time sat at the bar, made conversation with the bartender (unfortunately the cute one wasn't there today :S), who actually bothered to intro us to the 'regular customer', an Aussie fella who was sitting all alone at the bar. Just reminded me of how little I care for small talk, and how crap I am at it, even tho the guy was relatively decent looking :p And for the first time, was slightly disappointed with the cocktail I had cos it didn't have the usual exoticism which is so characteristic of their drinks. Blame it on the inability of the staff to understand what I wanted. But what to do, the usual guy wasn't ard!

3) First time watching a Hindi movie at Beach Road Shaw. Ok, first time watching a Hindi movie in a theatre! It was abt 2 and a half hrs long... and strangely, rather atypical for a bollywood film. Didn't have the usual dancing and prancing abt. Was abt as emo as a TVB drama tho. Must've been cos it was based on a true (and serious) story la.

4) Had supper at some prata plc near Sembawang shopping centre or sthg. And sent Marie back, for the 2nd time in my life. Not my fave area..haha.. but at least the company was gd :)

U guys muz be rather puzzled by the sudden increase in the no. of blogposts! Dunno how come I suddenly got so much inspiration also. Heh. Alrighty, off to bed!

No comments: