Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy Lunch ^^v

Had a 'surprise' lunch at Cocotte yesterday. Surprise cos we cldn't decide where to go eat then one of my colleagues made the decision on a whim and said he wanted to give us a 'surprise'. Majorly majorly happy.. cos I'd been wanting to try it out since a few mths ago but never did. And the food was awesome! Ambience was great; eclectic decor, good service, desserts were to die for and the company was fantastic. An escape in the middle of the day to a really delightful place :) Oh, forgot to say, pricing was decent too (as in value-for-money). Shiiookkk.

Their set lunch included an appetiser, main, dessert and coffee/tea for $34. And they had a promo for wine by the glass for $10 nett so.. since the other 2 wanted to have.. I followed lor :p Had their pork rilettes, which was really quite a huge portion for an appetiser, served with bread. The 2nd round of bread was like freshly baked so it was damn goood. Then we all had the pan seared chicken with pine nuts..very very tasty. And then the desserts!! We each ordered a diff dessert so tt we cld try more stuff.. I wanted my citron tarte - haven't been able to find any gd ones here - it was super sour and super shiok! Didn't have any of the crap meringue tt so many restaurants love to use to 'cancel out' the sourness. We also had 2 scoops of sorbet - raspberry mulled wine and cherry brandy - which were very very good, and Chocolate mousse which was really smooth, and not too sweet altho cos we were so full we didn't finish it!

Didn't manage to take many pics cos we cldn't wait to dig in... so only have one of the desserts.



After the rather full lunch + wine I thought I'd end up sleeping the afternoon away. But somehow, maybe it was the endorphins or perhaps mix of wine + tea, I actually managed to stay awake! The happiness (and food) was also enough to tide me all the way till dinner too :p Not quite sure why I was so happy also leh. ES actually said, "Ur actually quite easily satisfied ah!". Hmm. Am I?? As long as there's good food and good company I suppose! :D

2 comments:

LK said...

Ooo! I'll be going to Cocotte soon too.. so now I'm reaaaally looking foward to it! :))

aunty_yip said...

hehe... I think best is if u have no expectations at all la. But I certainly hope u won't be disappointed!!