I love you.. for sentimental reasons..
Re-writing / Letting go of 5 (actually more like 8) years of memories is no mean feat. It’s almost like cutting out a huge chunk of your life. Not possible to erase I think. Can only attempt to bury it away in the deep recesses of my subconscious till its retrieval no longer hurts.Anger is always the most immediate reaction tt surfaces after such loss. U wonder if all tt time together was just a waste, now that it has come to naught. But the other day, while reflecting on the past 5 years, I said something to a friend. The words only struck me when they actually rolled off my tongue.
"If I could go back in time, I'd still have chosen to go through the whole thing again."
Perhaps I'd have left a little earlier, instead of later. But those years had their wonderful moments. There was much joy, wonder and excitement. Even though there was also pain and a lot of frustration. Learnt much about friendship, love and most importantly, about myself.
I guess it's just one of those things we go through in life. Like a rite of passage. This thing about memories and love remind me of the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Thought I'd actually mused abt this before...but can't seem to find the post which I'd written years ago. This movie was also significant to the beginnings of the relationship.
Anyway. It's late... and I'm just rambling. Off to bed. Shall try to post a few happy pics the next round.. of the dear pple who've been my source of comfort over the past few weeks. All the angels in disguise :)


No comments:
Post a Comment