Monday, October 23, 2006

U know how since I'm relatively gantang, certain dialect words crack me up? Usually they're in hokkien la...but yesterday in our conversation, my mother used this word in cantonese: -

硬皮鱼 ( I don't know how to spell it in 'cantonese' pinyin)

Anyways, it really cracked me up. I hadn't heard it in a long long time.... the oldies used to call us kids that when we were young, and annoying. Hahahaha.

For those who dunno, when used to describe someone, means tt the person is stubborn, and causes much frustration among others. Literally, it means 'thick-skinned fish', and damn frustrating to eat cos u hafta 'fight' with the skin just to eat it. Aiya, it doesn't sound so funny now tt u explain it liao. Heh.

So yeah. Another cantonese word which describes my state of being in the past 2 weeks is mung zung. (Now, tt one I dunno what's the chinese character) Isn't the chinese lang beautiful? Some words are just so apt for describing my life.

So yeah, in my mung zung state, I still have to love my marder and help her with the 25th anniversary prep. My eyes are popping out after staring at the damn computer screen for so long, helping her format the mass booklet. *dazed*

No comments: