Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Head VS Heart

Have been in this idiotic situation many times; My head knows one thing, but my heart wants another.

I used to think that if I knew what was wrong about the situation, then at the very least I can psycho myself to not feel. But feelings can really be annoying, and make u do stupid things on impulse.

For now though, the score is Head: 1, Heart: 0. But it's not clear who's winning.

======================================

Did sthg out of the ordinary yesterday, and was surprised at how well it turned out. Swimming plans got shelved becos of the rain (again, as usual) so I spontaneously went shopping with a new colleague for another colleague's wedding gift.

I don't know this person very well, but we had good conversation over dinner.. and it's nice how he understands what really goes into a theatrical production. I think, other than my TS classmates and pple I know in the circle, I haven't really been able to have such discussions with anyone else.

It's cute cos he's young and eager/earnest.. haven't met many of those at work (who don't seem weird) these days. In one of our nonsense conversations he actually jokingly called me "Andrea 姐姐" and not "aunty"! I don't know why, but it felt like.. 亲切 or sthg. Hmm.. not sure how to explain. Ok maybe i was tired and cldn't really think straight. But it's not what u guys think ok! 不要想歪哦!

V strangely I seem to keep hanging out with pple younger than me these days. I wonder why...

7 comments:

LK said...

Hmm.. hahaha
Anyways who's this new colleague?

aunty_yip said...

Tell u offline! haha.. anyway if u cannot wait then go check like HR is U or sthg la.

Btw, can't do lunch tmw alr.. we have lunch next wk? Maybe Tues? Call B along too?

LK said...

B is going for a root canal soon sia! Hopefully she'll be back next week! Think next tues should be good :) FINALLY!
I think I have an idea who it is haha

Jarrod Lee said...

he sounds gay....
but don't let that put u off! :P
kidding!!
urmm hanging round young ppl is something i like doing too. i guess it's cos ppl my age are too bz working, too jaded, too tired etc.
young ppl are just so full of life, so earnest, so full of DREAMS, that life becomes so much more and reminds us of how we used to be.
man... i can't believe i have to go back to WORK. grrrrr. pls remind me to keep on dreaming.
oh oh, i wanna do some amateur musical theatre stuff in sg. do u know of any company or ppl i can talk to?

Jarrod Lee said...

ps: tell me about how the head is winning when i get back!

aunty_yip said...

Lydia: Ok la next tues is on! See whether B's ard then.

Jarrod: He's not gay la. Cfm. Got gf alr.

Gimme a buzz when u get back la then we can meet up. Don't actually know of any company tt specialises in musical theatre leh. I can prob try to find out for u... but tt'll prob mean I have to go and meet up with pple I don't wanna meet with! Then u super owe me big meal haha.

Anyway, u so sure my head's gonna win this time? haha. Talk more when u get back la!

Jarrod Lee said...

urmmm i not sure anything. it was just an expression. ahhaa. :P

okok i treat u big big meal. but can postpone till i get my pay first? hahha.
but seriously, if u can help me find out, that'll be AWESOME. :)