美美
Having a bit of a 方大同 craze again these days. After listening more to his other songs. Think his influences are quite ang moh... when compared with Jay Chou. And altho I always thought he was an ABC... turns out he was only born in Hawaii but has lived in China (and HK) since he was 6. So not quite the ABC kind. Or maybe he did study in the U.S. I dunno la. ANYWAY, his music is damn good. Has quite a Soul/Funk kinda feel to it. And he uses quite a lot of guitar. So while I was searching for vids of his songs on youtube, I stumbled upon this one. And the girl's voice is amazing! Quite similar to the girl I heard in the jazz pub while in Korea (which reminds me, I have yet to upload my Korea pics... as usual! :p) Seok Hong!! Was this the singer u were talking about? 超喜欢 leh!!It's already such a nice song.. and they make it sound so much better! Check out her sigh at 0.39 secs - Very apt!
Then, there's another duet tt I discovered.. and really really like cos of the guitar accompaniment. The tune and lyrics are abit tongue in cheek. The vid itself also has a retro arty feel. 真美美 :) Steven!! Learn this song leh.. then we can K it! :D
Tried to use the version where the lyrics are more obvious.. but the sound quality of this vid not so gd. The guitar part is damn loud tho. haha.
Just in case I forgot to give any of u access to my family makeover album on FB, here's the public link!
Share with u all one of my fave pics... it's my fave cos it's an emo shot :p Think I prob look the most unnatural (and 丑 - oh shit, forgot how the word is supposed to look like) but all my siblings got quite a zai dulan look. Or as Jill says, the pissed supermodel look. hehe

Alrighty, off to prepare for a happening night. Going night cycling for the first time in... 6 years? Hope my legs don't die. :D


4 comments:
Ooh.. first time leaving comments here. Yup, she's the Joanna Wang I was referring to when I heard the gal sing in Seoul. :> SH.
欢迎欢迎!! ^_^ Ya man.. how did u hear about her? She's damn good la
When she first debuted? heh... but didnt really follow her new albums already. :>
Her voice is awesome. It's the kind that'll give you goosebumps if you hear her live. - Jo
Post a Comment