Of short hair and stupid men
As of last fri, my hair's the shortest it's ever been and I absolutely love it. Have an asymmetrical fringe too! Super addicted to the short hair thing la. It's cool(ing) plus dries so quickly. Only prob is need to go hairdresser to trim more often, which means tahan-ing a rather obnoxious fella and spending more $$ :/ And... my uncle the other day said, "eh, u going for the tomboy look now ah" =_= This hairstyle is quite diff from the uni days when the hairdresser didn't seem to know how to control the curls and vol lor. Doesn't look tomboy at all. Sigh. STUPID MEN and their fascination with women who have long hair.Anyway. Kena nagged at by old man on fri for being an idiot. He asked why I seemed to feel it was necessary to be attached to someone (good) in order to validate my self worth. :-0 That's harsh. But a damn good reminder I think. I need to stop being so hung up on this nonsense. It's not like I'm actually in love with a super zai guy and for some (TVB drama) reason we aren't working out. So there's really no reason to be unhappy. In order to find the right one though, I need to be clear what it is I'm looking for. And if I am at peace with myself for being the way I am, then I shld stop being silly, like NOW. Not sure if it's cos he finally talked some sense into me, or my body's decided it's been moping long enough, but I've been feeling slightly different these 2 days. I hope it's a good sign :)
Been listening a great deal to my Company CD, and discovered a song that seemed to sum up the male need for the chase quite well. It's called "Barcelona", which really has nothing much to do with the song at all. Heh. Just to set a little context behind this song. The male lead is asking his gf why she has to leave for work. She's a flight attendant and her name is April. The first part of the vid is actually carried over from the previous song.. so the song only begins when the alarm rings. Sondheim is just brilliant la.
For those who are interested, can click here for the synopsis on the musical.
Btw, SH has uploaded the photos of our trip to Korea on FB alr. Quite nice! Will prob do my own version of it when I get the originals!


No comments:
Post a Comment