Training sia...

Check out that beautiful form and those muscles man. When will I ever be like that??
Decided to join Meng and coach for badminton training yest. Was fantastic if not for the minor bout of wanting to puke. So malu sia. Stamina is prob at an all time low since I dont get much cardio exercise these days. That, and old age haha (i can juz imagine Meng rolling his eyes at e 'old' comment). But it's a fact la.. knee aches and whatnot. Even if the external packaging still looks fine. :p
Anyway, I haven't gone for any such training in a long time... and I must say that it has somewhat inspired me. To improve at something that I really like. To get the footwork right and shots more accurate. What really makes it better is having great kaki who enjoy it as much (or more) as me. There's nothing more satisfying than having a good game (with a few good laughs thrown in too). Maybe all tts lacking now is a competition to work towards. haha. I think meeting a coach who genuinely seemed to enjoy nurturing young pple in the sport was also inspiring. Wonder when I will be able to do sthg as meaningful with my life.
Training started at 10 and was supposed to be 2 hrs only.. but cos no one else booked the courts we ended up staying till past 1! (The down side to this is that it means no more sleeping in on sat mornings :/) Was super exhausted after tt but still managed to drag myself out of the house to meet Lydia to practice the songs for Sabrina's wedding. Another fun session - altho it was a little stressful trying to transpose the chords (again!) haha. I think such sessions are good cos playing with other pple gives u more experience for performances. Dinner after was also fun and we had dessert, twice! Before I had to rush home to send parents to the airport.
They're off to Europe again. Sigh... how lucky. But I shan't complain la. I was in Europe earlier this yr too. Just need to rewrite some memories tts all. Heh. In the meantime, I get to use the car woohoo! Freedom!! Not sure if I've said this before, but I really enjoy driving alone. To me, it's very liberating to know where you're going, cocooned by the car, alone with your thoughts and good music. Ah well. 10 whole days of that. Yess!!
Hope u guys had a good weekend too. Back to the daily grind tmw... but tt also means the next weekend is coming up! Exciting times!


6 comments:
I'm sure you could afford even more desserts since you would've worked off enough calories in the morning ;) Not me man.. plus on course these few days.. means lots of food. siiigh. Needa gym!!!
Haha well.I totally undid e gd wk done on sat morn by eating, then slping, then eating n eating again on sun. Heh. But in the case of desserts, capacity is a given! :p
Lucky ur on course. Staffing mtgs is totally unfun, not to mention freaking stressful :( sigh what on earth did I get myself into man.
Yah man! Super happiness to be on course lah!!!!! :D Oh well, the week will be over before u know it.. then u guys can sing your hearts out at Teo Heng! So fun! :)
Haha..yeah looking forward la :)
ok *roll eyes at your old comment. hahah. btw, your profile pic is freaking cool. Got attitude! hahah
Mark: Haha.. stop trying to justify your own self lah! :p but u are partially correct also la. i'm sure my unhealthy body is not accustomed lor.
Meng: Haha fierce right. I got bored of my old one la.. tt was taken like more than 5 yrs ago :)
Post a Comment