Saturday, November 10, 2007

London (Food Part 1)


Okay... finally got the time and the mood to put up some pics of my London trip. Which as I said, was gd. Travelling somewhat alone was... quite pleasant. I enjoyed the freedom of staying in a hotel/rm by myself..plenty of space (I didn't even use up the entire bed!) "Independence" for 1 week was really quite refreshing. But I suppose if it were to last longer..perhaps loneliness might have crept in. So I begin with of cos, the 1 impt thing to me: -

FOOD!!

This was lunch on the first day. Rather late, but worth the wait!! At this place called Patisserie Valerie. It had so many to-die-for desserts!! And the portions of food! Humongous!!

This was the All Day English Breakfast which I had for lunch!! (Ok, sounds rather weird..but oh well) Sausage, bacon, mushrooms and eggs on toast! I love the English Breakfast's by the way!! All the salty and unhealthy stuff!! Shiok! Went there with Shane's friend, Elaine. She was very kind :)




And since it was tea time... what better food to have than tea and scones? They also had clotted cream!! *jumps ard with excitement* I absolutely love scones with butter, jam and cream!! Highly fattening I know, but since when did I care abt fat in the face of good food?? So as u can see, I'm rather unglam in this pic... after the long flight, then walking ard with no rest at all. Hair damn messy and posture like shit. But I still enjoyed it all!! Check out the different types of jam plus honey!! Macam free lidat!!




Then there was dinner on my bday (of which nobody knew...but nvm.. cos i'd already had my celebrations with the pple who mattered anyway) And this was my first taste of pie. Shiok can! The crust was a bit too thick... but the filling was damn shiok!! Shiok until I went back there again a few days later. (As u can see from another pie photo with it)



And here's another type of pie tt I tried..this one had puff pastry on top. Was slightly different... abit more gravy. It was at this small cosy place near my course venue. Had my first lunch-time pint at this place...couldn't resist la! Think these pies tasted better actually, but the portions were a little too much for lunch (altho i wasn't complaining!!! :D)




So yeah, a pic of me and one of my colleagues who went on the course also. Must make mention. He was so sweet... took real gd care of me like my 大哥 lidat.. and altho this pic makes me look damn old - it's really cos he looks damn young (even tho he's really quite a bit older than me :p)


Ok Food Part II coming up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE scones with all sorts of jam, butter and cream toooooo! and they look so pretty in your picture! *very envious!*

aunty_yip said...

Hee... do u know where they have such gd stuff in sg? Haven't been able to find leh!! Or next time we can have our own scone party! No need to be stingy on the jam and cream also! :D

Anonymous said...

fosters has rather good scones, but they dont come with such fancy tiered stuff. hey our own party sounds cool! bake or buy?? we can have our own tea buffet toooooo. so exciting! when when? :D

aunty_yip said...

Hmm... u got any gd recipe for scones? I haven't tried baking any..so not sure how they'd turn out. Can always buy la. Hee... yes yes tea buffet sounds gd!! Maybe end Nov? Have to check with Shane first tho!

Anonymous said...

okie, let me know when's good!

meanwhile, let me source for some recipes. :)

Anonymous said...

actually... i thought he looked older in the picture and you look like xiao jie :D

-shane

aunty_yip said...

Umm.. did u mean xiao mei? Cos xiao jie just means lady...not v young also. haha.

Maybe tts cos the pic is small la. when it's blown up, i look quite old.