Oh, before I officially start on day 3, I muz put up one of the new photos which i just received from Hang. Rem Day 1 and the funky restaurant with the trishaw type of chairs? Yup.. here's a pic of the 4 of us! Damn funky right haha...
Hanoi Day 3 (Part I)
Ok then, third day in Hanoi, and loving it so far. Our first authentic vietnamese food. Pho!! Check it out! They even have 油条!! That was for breakfast. Damn shiok sia! And apparently, this restaurant had a chain! Although I can't rem the name now liaoz. But for a franchise, I think the food really not bad. :D
So after breakfast, we took a walk to the first uni in Vietnam. Hang said "not very far" but I rem walking till we were quite tired! Did I already mention that we walked so much while in Vietnam that when I came back I actually couldn't stop cos I was so used to it! So, 3rd day in vietnam. Still in the city area. Visited mostly the touristy spots. Think I'll hafta split this post into 2 cos as u might've noticed, the pics are getting more and more...
Anyways, on the way to the uni, since we were abit hot and tired we decided to stop first for tea. As in, traditional vietnamese tea. Damn bitter sia!! (But I like!!) And they had this damn sweet bean cake that went quite well with it. So... was quite an experience. They had this nice area with mats and all where we could sit. This shot below was taken by Hang. Interestingly captures this guy who was reading a book... and the calligraphy hanging on the walls...
First University in Vietnam
Thought the description was rather inapt...cos was expecting sthg more modern, albeit old la. But who was to know, it was really the first first type?! It's currently not used for education anymore, and looks more like a chinese temple than uni. Relatively small, it had 5 courtyards if i'm not wrong. Maciam walked into some place in olden China! Lotsa cheena influence, and it's currently used as some sort of a shrine for Confucius and some other deities I couldn't recognise. Check out the pics below to see some architecture and statues etc.
Ok, and here are some pics of us doing cha chat things...cos there was a huge drum separate from the buildings. Ancient PA system. Heh. Was going to write some description for each photo...cos they are quite cute la. Some were taken by Hang, some by YJ. Depicting our fascination and attempt to create some noise (altho the sign said, "do not touch") :p Eventually, we just did a static shot. kekeke.
Look out for Day 3, Part II!


No comments:
Post a Comment