Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Don’t you think I wish I had the aptitude for banking/investing…so that I could be earning the big bucks now??? But I just don’t have it. Whether it’s finance or investing – whatever you call it. I suck at it. Just look at my maths in school. It was shit. Econs – that was shit too.

Don’t you think I wish I were more successful, found more meaning in my job and were generally happy with my adult life?

Don’t you think I would like to survive on my own, fight my own battles, instead of depending on you?

Don’t you think I am mature enough to think on my own, make my own calculated risks and decisions instead of being frivolous, indecisive or whimsical? Evidently not.

I am trying to find meaning. In something which… could possibly be my passion. Doesn’t that count anymore? Of course I wished I were a doctor, lawyer, investment banker, millionaire! But I am not.

I understand your intentions and well wishes. And my mind is not closed. It’s open to options. But just not the type you like.

Why can’t you just see me, for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see! I see! You are ah beng ah lian arty farty aunty! hee

-shane

aunty_yip said...

Orh. :D