Monday, July 10, 2006

Barcelona


An a capella gp singing in the square! This square was the only reason why I loved Barca. U have buskers performing every half hour, or every hour, and this gp was amazing! The amount of energy, plus the volume! Have a video, which I'm trying to learn to upload...will try to put it up soon. Heh.


Huge-ass vending machine in the Metro!


Streets of Barcelona. Le Ramblas...(equivalent of our Orchard Rd) Our service apartment is actually not far from here. This street is actually in the middle of the 'road'. On both sides of the street is a tiny 1 way lane.. for vehicles. I think they give more priority to their pedestrains. Hmm...


Tram!

Sagrada Familia
Temple of the Holy Family. Tis actually a church of gargantuan proportions, tt has been in construction for the past 100 over years. Still has another perhaps 50-80 to go? The original architect is already dead and gone, but he was a real visionary, and this structure is the most amazing tt I have ever soon. Very beautiful too. It has 3 facades, and I only managed to capture 2. Once again, my photographic skills are not fantastic, so if ur really interested, maybe you can search on the web for more pro photos.


A small portion of the Nativity Facade



The Passion Facade. I liked this side best. It has a very interesting modern feel to it. Very 'clean' design too...



Close up of the Passion Facade



Skylights. These things are one of the coolest I've ever seen! They let in natural light from the sun... and they have been contructed with beautiful designs on the rims. Of cos u can't really see frm here... so you'll juz hafta take my word for it. :)



My parents and I relished the challenge of climbing a tower tt was 60m.... so we made our way up...with all our barang.



And it was a long long way back down man...

So yeah, tts the end of it! Congrats to all to have persevered to the end! Haha... at least I've finally managed to put all the nicer pix up.

4 comments:

Karen said...

i persevered! very nice! :)

aunty_yip said...

Hehe thanks! Wah..ur the only one who bothered to read my blog lor...no one else visits anymore!

Anonymous said...

looking at the pictures make me miss europe again!!

aunty_yip said...

Haha, go again soon lor!! :p