Lengthy post with lotsa pics coming up!!
Had a rather busy week. Haiya, since when my week has not been bz right? Ever since i made the resolution(or maybe cos my classes all damn small) to do my readings every week and not be so lazy! :/ Hmm...I think today's post will be rather long since haven't blogged in a while.
Yup...I love wednesdays! Cos it's the day when my relaxing for the week begins! Had a lovely day today cos spent most of it at home....and at Shane's place. Had a nice lunch, thanks to his dad and basically a rather idyllic afternoon sorting out photos and lazing....and just spending time with my mom. =)
Had a gd weekend...barely did any work :p Starting frm friday, Shane did the sweetest thing ever by surprising me with a nice Jap dinner and then tickets to "The Trocks"!!! It was really amazing....first cos I was really really surprised and then the show was pretty damn gd! Guys en pointe! Had a really fabulous fabulous night out! Shane has a better description of it on his livejournal la so if u wanna see....it's linked to mine. =) Here's a shot of the food!
Then, on sunday...twas Shane's bro, Jason's b'day! So we had champagne brunch at Hyatt Mezza9 and ate so much I was full until dinner!! Didn't take many photos tho....pity. Oh! They had a chocolate fountain!!! *drool* tt was absolutely sinful!! If I had more time I would've stuffed my face even more...but....(un)fortunately there just wasn't enuff time! :p
Hmm...then a few weekd back, actually celebrated Jo's b'day! Didn't have the time to put the pics up...so here are some random ones that we took during her b'day celebration at the various places tt we stopped to eat and nua! Quite a few...so happy looking! :)
On the escalator at Heeren...after a sumptious dinner at Lemongrass
Jo very happy with her present frm us! A pashmina that 'moves' and shimmers...
me 'seat-belting' Shane
The 3 couples at esplanade...
Finally, the arty shot tt I tried to take if Jo and Wayne as we walked to the esplanade thru the underpass. Thot they looked so sweet!! :)
And lastly, this is a poem tt was 'work-in-progress' a few weeks ago....and now it's finally complete! It's not what I feel now la...but something tt was very real at tt time... thought I'd just share it with you all. Heh, i know, might seem totally incongruous to what I've been posting just above this. But oh well, human beings are paradoxical creatures. :p
Perhaps those of you who have had disagreements/fights etc with someone you love very much would be able to relate.
Happiness can be so fleeting..
Joy, joy then such pain.
And he turns away from me
we sit in stony silence
Next to, yet miles apart.
Strangers arm in arm,hand in hand
yet, there is no comfort
All is cold... and cheerless.
Sorrowful, I gaze upon his frustration; anger?
To await the time when all is well again,
To dream of love's sweet kiss,
And for happiness to embrace me once more...


No comments:
Post a Comment