Tuesday, July 06, 2004

It's been a rather busy but happy weekend..somehow although I was very tired I enjoyed it. Perhaps because most of the work was meaningful...tix sales at Novena, catechism, giving out tix at OLPS, choir practice(always makes me happy!) then more tix sales and an interesting (but also lovely) dinner.

Yup...okay...next few unrelated statements - been sleeping late and waking up early(except for today), my new TV is finally here! Finally! Altho it woke me up this morn and made my dad a bit irritated cos there was some cock up and they forgot to send the stand. And over the past 2 weeks I've realised tt the East is not such a happening place anymore! =( There's Ang Mo Kio and the area near Keenan's place and the Bukit Timah market!! Aiya. oh well...

Had a somewhat "disturbing" moment this weekend - it was disturbing in the sense tt it disturbed me from my normal state, shook me up from my sense of complacency somewhat. Oh the irony since it was caused by a sermon on Peace. The peace of the God. And an even greater irony-it was given by one of the shakers of my usual peaceful state - Fr JP. *rolls eyes* Yup...so how much peace have I given to the pple ard me? Very little I suspect...perhaps even less to those who need it.

Sigh...it is so difficult to be Christian...as Shane says, we should just all become Buddhists. Oh, more irony of the weekend? I was teaching/sharing with my catechism kids the imptance of prayer and how it helps us get thru the most difficult moments sometimes and how we must have faith and trust in it -- the moment I started talking to the ex-catechist coordinator, all the frustration and sianness came out..and i was just so not practicing what I was preaching lor. I wonder how do pple remain patient and loving in the most trying of times...it's just amazing. Perhaps it is the power of prayer which I have just not been doing enuff.

Then mass at St Iggy's today - on faith...and how faith is impt. It all seems to tie in with what I need...perhaps tts God trying to tell me sthg. Perhaps I will be comforted...and will learn to have more faith. Saw the programme booklet that Yinxiu was doing. Fantastic. I even discovered that my producer's msg was so moving, so inspirational...sthg tt just suddenly lifted my heart so much...haha...

Yup..so much for my incoherent thoughts today. And lastly - I have lots to be thankful about. =)

No comments: