Monday, August 04, 2003

Fatigue & Dark eye rings...

Haven't watched so much tv in months!! Juz cos the recent world championships for badminton are on now I've been staying up to watch. Thank goodness it's finals tonight...so no more staying up! This is not gd man especially when sch is starting in abt a week and I need to get all the rest I can.

Now the last set is playing...men's doubles and it's damn exciting also. One of the only categories where the China players don't dominate. Somehow the Chinese are known for dominating most of the categories, especially the women's singles and doubles. Both had Chinese playing agst Chinese during the finals. The women's doubles was a damn gd game...and the winners were what I call the chio team cos they were better looking than the other players and there was this particular player called Gao Ling who looked sooo sweet! She was in the finals for mixed doubles also earlier in the day and although she played hard she lost tt set to the Koreans. But she was still smashing so hard and she played really really well. What's more she kept smiling in court....so sweet man!! Feel so happy for her tt she won. =)

Ok...report abit...the men's singles were played by a malaysian, Wong Choong Hann against China's Xia Xuanze.Both relatively good looking altho the China guy was cuter. ;p Was hoping for the malaysians to win tho...I guess cos I like the malaysian singles guy but the China guy was damn steady. So I guess tts y he won. Poor thing looked so devastated.

Men's doubles were damn exciting...Indonesia against Denmark. Never really knew Europeans could play badminton but they were damn helluva gd. This pair only la, tt is. Heard from the commentary tt they haven't won a world championship men's doubles in 20 years already. I can imagine their joy at winning this man. Those guy's reflexes are like perfect lor but the defending world champions(the indonesians) made a lot of stupid mistakes. Which caused them to lose la.

Now I'm like so super gian to go and play badminton. I wonder what it's like to win a tournament. I've never really won a proper tournament, except for the SAJC opens which was like agst our own teammates la. And both were in mixed doubles. I played for both years, in J1 and J2...and I can't quite rem whether I got 1st or 2nd for the J1 team. My partner was Whanlee and he was such a kind soul. Good too...being able to cover for me when I couldn't reach (which btw is prob like 3/4 of the entire court). That was really fun. At tt time I was like this lousy geena who kept hitting those kinda taiko shots...like i'd hit the net and it'd go over to the other side. That kinda shot absolutely impossible to retrieve but it doesn't show anything for my skill either la. heh. Then in J2 I played mixed doubles again, this time with Jixuan and perhaps it was from this time tt our relationship began to 'develop'.

If it wasn't for badminton, I'd prob never have gotten together with Jixuan. And I'm sure I've told some of u before tt the only time I feel so safe and secure and feminine when I'm together with him is when we're on the badminton court. It's like the notion that he'll always be able to cover for me and take care of me cos he's like so power and all. Was really really amazed that a rather small sized runt like him could actually hit the shuttle so effortlessly and smash with such tremendous power. Perhaps tt was what attracted me to him in the first place. Well...a bit sad huh...but I suppose, tts the story of us. I don't quite regret it tho...I mean, there was sthg sweet abt our relationship tt I still hold rather dear to me. And I suppose badminton is one of my fav sports.

It's interesting how also tt in recent times I've begun to play badminton so often...with all the CSS pple. I'm quite glad tt we started the 'habit' of playing cos then it helps me to keep fit and I suppose it helps to bond pple. I guess it's also becos we started playing badminton tt Ivan and I got closer. Funny how I used to have a set impression about him before badminton... tts how we started talking.

Ok then....off to bed! Have a meeting with Fr John Paul tmw about the St Francis musical tt we're putting up next year...gotta be up early early man....

No comments: